Consulting Radiologists, Ltd. is seeking a full time certified medical coder to assign correct CPT and ICD-10 codes to radiology reports in order to ensure proper financial reimbursement, meet federal regulations and adhere to compliance guidelines.
- Summarize clinical information from a variety of medical records and assign appropriate ICD 10 CM and/or CPT codes to patient records according to established procedures.
- Ensure correct code selection for compliance with federal regulations and insurance requirements.
- Notify CRL management of discrepancies and inconsistencies in information received.
- Maintain updates on compliance, coding changes and strategies for optimum reimbursement.
- All other duties assigned.
- Coding Certification (RCC and/or CCS-P and/or CPC) and completion of accredited coding curriculum.
- Two plus years’ experience in coding using the ICD and CPT coding systems.
- Correct application of CPT and ICD10 codes required.
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy.
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures within radiology.
- Must be detail-oriented and resourceful.
- Experience working with computer aided coding software.
Reports to :
Manager, Patient Billing Data & Medical Coding
7505 Metro Blvd Edina MN