To perform nuclear medicine imaging exams at hospitals and clinics under contract with Mobile Imaging Services. The nuclear medicine exams may be performed in either a mobile (scan-in-van) or fixed base setting.
- Provide quality nuclear medicine images for radiologist/cardiologist interpretation.
- Deliver quality patient care before, during and after a nuclear medicine imaging exams.
- Perform quality control tests to ensure proper performance of all the equipment in the nuclear medicine laboratory.
- Order, receive, evaluate, prepare and administer all radiopharmaceuticals and non-radioactive drugs pertaining to nuclear medicine imaging, in accordance with all state, federal and institutional guidelines.
- Ensure the use of ionizing radiation is done safely and effectively by following ALARA, performing radioactive contamination monitoring and disposing of radioactive waste in accordance with all governing regulations.
- Maintain the appropriate medical records per company and customer policies. Ensure HIPPA requirements are constantly maintained.
- Keep the mobile units in good maintenance through contracted service vendor(s). Notify management on the anticipation of extended downtime.
- Keep mobile units and fixed sites clean, organized and adequately stocked with medical supplies. Notify management when supplies are low.
- Inform management of any concerns, or changes in service/methods requested by the customers
- Maintain appropriate professional licensure including, NMTCB or ARRT (N), CDL (including CDL physical), BCLS and CE’s per registry requirements.
- Board certified or board eligible in nuclear medicine technology (NMTCB or ARRT (N)).
- Possesses appropriate knowledge of nuclear medicine and medical terminology, based on experience level.
- Highly motivated, possesses the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage time, priorities and resources effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Philips and/or Siemens nuclear medicine products desired.
- CDL (Class B) licensure preferred, will train as necessary.
- Strong communications, customer relationship and organizational skills.
- Strong problem diagnosis skills preferred.
Mobile and Fixed locations in Greater Minnesota