Advance Practice Provider – Full Time (Benefit Eligible)
M-F Day Shift
Location: Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Minneapolis MN
Consulting Radiologists Ltd (CRL) is a large Radiology private practice organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help drive our cutting-edge minimally invasive Radiology procedures within Interventional Radiology. The Interventional Radiology (IR) APP will provide procedural and clinical care services to adult patients at the Abbott Northwestern Hospital (ANW) in Minneapolis, MN.
This APP will join a team of eight Interventional Radiologist physicians and eight Advanced Practice Providers (APP) providing inpatient and outpatient care. Duties will include independently performing image-guided procedures, seeing patients in the clinic and the hospital, reviewing inpatient and outpatient consults, triaging, and preparing case requests, reviewing pertinent imaging and being a referral resource for other medical services, as well as supporting other general interventional radiology practice work tasks. 50% of the FTE will be procedural, and 50% will be consult/clinic.
- 0.8-1.0 FTE to support Body/Vascular Interventional Radiology at Abbott Northwestern Hospital.
- Work independently performing image-guided procedures (with and without moderate sedation) including but not limited to: paracentesis, thoracentesis, chest tube placement, central venous catheter placement and removal including chest ports; enteric, nephrostomy, biliary and abscess tube exchange, solid organ and soft tissue biopsies.
- Work to improve the quality of care to patients in the clinic and the hospital, reviewing consults, triaging and preparing case requests, reviewing pertinent imaging, and being a referral resource for other medical services.
- Provide support to other general interventional radiology practice work tasks.
- Possible future opportunity to practice more independently at Regional Sites and/or within the Body CT/US procedural section.
- Robust onboarding process, working side-by-side with assigned Radiologist for three months.
- Weekday eight-hour day shifts (~from 7 or 8 am to 4 or 5 pm).
- No call. No weekday evenings or weekend days.
- Competitive salaries and benefits package.
- Other duties as assigned.
- NP candidates must be certified through ANCC or AANP. PA candidates must be certified through the NCCPA and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
- First Assist Certification or ability to obtain First Assist privileging (applies to Nurse Practitioner candidates only).
- Minnesota state license, DEA, BLS, ACLS.
- Ability to complete Moderate Sedation training/privileging.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional collaboration abilities.
- Understands and places importance on patient care/service.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated.