Certified Medical Coder – Remote, Full Time (Benefit Eligible)
Performs all functions associated with the appropriate assignments of ICD 10-CM, CPT, HCPCS codes for Radiology encounters to ensure proper financial reimbursement, meet federal regulations, and adhere to compliance guidelines.
- Assigns appropriate ICD 10 CM and/or CPT codes from a variety of medical records, as applicable, to diagnosis and procedures generated for radiology encounters, maintaining a high accuracy rate in conjunction with meeting productivity standards. Effectively interacts and collaborates across departments.
- Keeps educated about current coding updates per managements direction, including ICD 10-CM, HCPCS, CPT, coding guidelines, and methodologies, as well as payor requirement changes, as applicable.
- Notify CRL management of discrepancies and inconsistencies in information received.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Coding Certification (RCC and/or CCS-P and/or CPC) and completion of accredited coding curriculum.
- Two plus years experience in coding using the ICD and CPT coding systems.
- Correct application of CPT and ICD10 codes required.
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy.
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within radiology.
- Must be detail-oriented and resourceful.
- Experience working with computer-aided coding software.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Frequent speaking in English, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, and extended periods working at a computer.
- Have a secluded and secure office area in which to perform job duties during the workday.
- Have reliable high-speed internet access and a work environment free from distractions.