Brain Aneurysm Treatment Research
- GEL-THE-NEC: Hydrogel Coils for Intracranial Aneurysms Registry
The GEL-THE-NEC Registry is a multicenter, international registry studying intracranial aneurysms treated with HydroSoft coils placed at the aneurysm neck.
- HEAT: New Generation Hydrogel Coils for Intracranial Aneurysms Treatment Trial
The HEAT Trial is a multicenter, randomized clinical trial comparing intracranial aneurysms treated with bare platinum coils compared to new generation hydrogel-bearing embolic coils.
- IntrePED: International Retrospective Study of the Pipeline Embolization Device
- ASPIRE: Aneurysm Study of Pipeline In An Observational Registry
- NAISR: Stanford University North American Intracranial Stent Registry
- Neuroform Stent for Wide-Neck Aneurysms
These stents are placed as an adjunct to coil embolization of wide-neck intracranial aneurysms. Use of the stent allows treatment of aneurysms that cannot be managed by coiling alone.
- Onyx® HD-500 Liquid Embolic Agent for Wide-Neck Aneurysms
The Onyx HD-500 liquid embolic system is another tool for treating wide-neck intracranial aneurysms. Liquid Onyx is delivered into the aneurysm by a controlled injection through a micro catheter. Onyx is a polymer that solidifies within five minutes and occludes (fills in) the aneurysm.
Ischemic Stroke Research
- Penumbra 3D Separator Investigational Device: A Randomized, Concurrent Controlled Trial to Assess the Safety and Effectiveness of the Separator 3D as a Component of the Penumbra System in the Revascularization of Large Vessel Occlusion in Acute Ischemic Stroke
- RECOVER-Stroke Stem Cell Trial: A Phase2 Randomized, Controlled Study with a Phase I Safety Cohort testing ALD-401 Derived from Autologous Bone Marrow Delivered via Intracarotid Infusion in Subjects with Ischemic Stroke using Blinded Assessments
- (Study Completed) PICS: Penumbra Imaging Collaborative Study
The PICS study is a multicenter trial to assess the outcome of acute ischemic stroke patients revascularized by the Penumbra™ System, a device used in mechanical thrombectomy therapy.
- Wingspan Stent for Intracranial Stenosis
The Wingspan stent system with angioplasty balloon catheter is a neuro-specific stent used to expand the lumen of cerebral arteries in patients with intracranial atherosclerotic disease that is refractory to medical therapy
- NeuroFlo Perfusion Augmentation for Symptomatic Cerebral Vasospasm
The NeuroFlo Perfusion system augments cerebral perfusion, improving neurological outcome in patients with symptomatic vasospasm secondary to subarachnoid hemorrhage.
Quality & Outcomes Research
- Neurointerventional Outcomes Database and Research
The purpose of this study is to monitor procedural data and patient outcomes of procedures performed in the department to improve overall quality of care.